North Yorkshire | Permanent | Competitive Package + Bonus + Pension
Broughton Laboratories Limited is an independent contract analytical laboratory based on the stunning Broughton Hall Business Park servicing the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. An opportunity to join the Broughton Laboratories Business Support team has arisen and we are looking for a successful candidate to be a key figure in helping deliver further success to our clients.
In line with expansion we are seeking to recruit a hard-working, highly motivated and professional Business Support Administrator capable of working within a fast-moving office environment.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Business Support Administrator is responsible for handling a range of business support processes, providing general administration support to all functional departments within Broughton Laboratories. In depth understanding of how systems work, problems are solved and business systems maintained will be required. The Business Support Administrator will be responsible for duties within the areas of reception, hospitability, stock control, facility management and records management. To continuously deliver our service to ensure customer expectations are always met and often exceeded.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Performing administrative tasks on a day-to-day basis as directed by the Business Support Manager. This will include:
- Welcomes visitors of the company by meeting and greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries, maintaining team member and department directories. Also, preparing the boardroom and organising lunch for visitors, ensuring company expectations are met.
- Monitor and maintain business supplies, including placing orders and stock control, ensuring effective Kanban systems are maintained, liaising with suppliers when order issues occur, rectify problems and ensure stock levels are maintained in line with company cost efficiencies.
- Ensure housekeeping supplies are maintained and to support company cleaners with their contract and service to our organisation.
- Filing and photocopying, of GMP records, collation for events and business activities.
- Record retention process must be managed accurately, including logging retrieval requests, ensuring all records are fully traceable to GMP requirements.
- Deal with enquiries from internal and external calls. Including the maintenance of the telecommunication system by following manufacturer's instructions for house phone and console operation.
- Maintain security by following procedures; monitoring the visitor and team member roll call sheet.
- Support members of the Health and Safety (H&S) Teams with activities such as fire drills.
- Organise incoming and outgoing post; sample integrity must be maintained to GMP standards and the handling the logistics for shipments.
- Prepare draft presentations for the Broughton team, liaising with team members for content, rewards and recognition scheme etc.
- Prepare and communicate company correspondence.
- Prepare letters and draft documents; procedures, work instructions and records for the team.
- Book venues for events and meetings, confirming attendance, coordinating catering and transport requirements, dealing with enquiries and problems relating to BLL events.
- Plan and book travel/ accommodation for managers, colleagues and clients.
- Ensure effective communication within the team, including being the first point of contact for team members for such things as facilities and business supplies.
- Support with facility management, coordinating external parties, tradesmen including landlord managed facilities.
- Continuously maintaining an understanding of the Business System. This includes supporting the company’s policy of continuous quality improvement throughout the workplace.
- Ensure clients expectations are fully understood, met and often exceeded.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the company and act always in the best interest of the company.
Key Person Specification
- GCSE’s grade C and above in English and Maths.
- 1-3 years’ experience working as an administrator.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good understanding of telephone and business communication systems
- Good organisational skills.
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Broughton Laboratories provides exciting opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, skills and experience through hands-on assignments and projects. You will work alongside the best Scientists within the industry. Each year, Broughton invests in learning and development offering you a competitive salary, pension, supportive leadership team and tailored training programme. Join our team to discover your potential and take pride in valuable achievements.
Broughton Laboratories is a privately-owned global analytical services business. We are an FDA and MHRA inspected laboratory focused on delivering a high-quality service for industry-leading clients across the pharmaceutical, animal health and medical device industries. Whether it’s innovation or optimisation, Broughton Laboratories tackles the toughest challenges from new product development to fast-paced routine Quality Control.