North Yorkshire | Permanent | Competitive Package + Bonus + Pension
Broughton Laboratories Limited is an independent contract analytical laboratory based on the stunning Broughton Hall Business Park servicing the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. An opportunity to join the Broughton Laboratories Project Team has arisen and we are looking for a successful candidate to be a key figure in helping deliver further success to our clients.
In line with expansion we are seeking to recruit a hard-working, highly motivated and professional Senior Scientist capable of working within a fast-moving quality laboratory environment.
Main Purpose of the Job
The Senior Scientist is responsible for a range of analytical and physical chemistry techniques to ensure competent and timely completion of analyses under strict cGMP regulations in relation to Project analysis. To continuously deliver our service to ensure customer expectations are always met and often exceeded.
Key Tasks & Accountabilities
- Performing Laboratory analyses on customer supplied materials on a day-to-day basis as directed by a team leader or other supervisor. This will include:
- Timely completion of work schedules.
- Ensure work areas and equipment are continuously maintained to the highest standard.
- Use hard-copy and electronic data capture systems within the guidelines of the QMS.
- Check analytical data and worksheets and notifying their line manager of any discrepancies.
- Continuously maintain an understanding of the Quality Management System. This includes supporting the company’s policy of continuous quality improvement throughout the workplace.
- Produce draft quality system documentation as directed by the Management team.
- Monitor and notify their line manager of any chemical, equipment, glassware and consumable requirements deemed necessary to ensure minimum disruption to the laboratory operations.
- Support the training and development of colleagues as directed by the Management team.
- Perform other duties as and when required by the company and act always in the best interest of the company.
Key Person Specification
- Preferred graduate of Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry related subject.
- Good technical problem solving skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good verbal reasoning and negotiating skills.
- Good IT skills including working knowledge of Microsoft applications.
- Results driven, customer focused and commercially astute.
- Several years’ hands on experience of chromatography, theory and practise.
- Several years’ experience in a regulated lab and working within a QMS.
- Experience of equipment maintenance.
- Experience of performing failure investigations and RCA under the review of a more senior member of the department or Quality.
- Limited experience of TMD and TMV and equipment.
- Several years’ experience of data verification and reporting under the supervision of senior departmental members.
- Experience of training and developing others in routine laboratory techniques performed as part of their day to day role.
- Experience of lab stock control and ordering materials / consumables would be advantageous but not essential.
Broughton Laboratories provides exciting opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, skills and experience through hands-on assignments and projects. You will work alongside the best Scientists within the industry. Each year, Broughton invests in learning and development offering you a competitive salary, pension, supportive leadership team and tailored training programme. Join our team to discover your potential and take pride in valuable achievements.
Broughton Laboratories is a privately-owned global analytical services business. We are an FDA and MHRA inspected laboratory focused on delivering a high-quality service for industry-leading clients across the pharmaceutical, animal health and medical device industries. Whether it’s innovation or optimisation, Broughton Laboratories tackles the toughest challenges from new product development to fast-paced routine Quality Control.